Here’re the fixes: For brother printer won’t print
You don’t need to try them all. Simply work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
Fix 1 – Check the connection
It’s necessary for you to do some basic checks before heading into the more complicated fixes. First off, make sure the connection status between the printer and computer is in the normal state.
If you’re using a USB printer
If you connect the printer to your computer via a USB cable, simply re-plug it and also try another USB port on your computer in case the one you previously used is broken.
If you’re using a wireless printer
For users with a wireless Brother printer, it’s essential to confirm the printer and computer are on the same Wi-Fi network.
If the brother printer won’t print, try the next method below.
Fix 2 – Set your Brother printer as the default device
Your computer tends to use the default printer every time you print. Therefore, you should set your Brother printer as the default device to undertake all the print jobs to set when brother printer won’t print. Here’s how:
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to invoke the Run command.
2) Type control in the field and click OK.
3) Select Small icons from the drop-down menu next to View by. Then, click Devices and Printers.
4) Right-click your Brother printer and click Set as default printer.
Now do some prints to test if this method helps. If yes, then congrats! If not, there’re more fixes to try.
Fix 3 – Restart the Print Spooler service
Your computer won’t send the print jobs to your Brother printer if the brother printer not printing black. To get your printer back to running, you can simply restart this service.
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run box.
2) Type services.msc and click OK.
3) Right-click Print Spooler. If it isn’t running, Start this service; if it’s already started, click Restart.
4) After the Print Spooler service is restarted, right-click Print Spooler again and click Properties.
5) Set the Startup type to Automatic. Then, click OK.
Here is all solution for brother printer not printing black